Monday, November 24, 2008

810 Sports, Eat My Shorts?

Man, rough day in 810 yesterday... I just have a hard time with their reactive vs. proactive television station policy.

[Photo via ArmyofMom]

Every single time that I sit in the 810 location to watch NFL games, I have to ask them to change the TV's back to the channels I was watching... at least three times per day. I'm a fantasy football guy, so I admit that I'm high maintenance (thanks, Nan) and would like to see as many games as possible. I walk around the bar when I arrive and figure out the best place to sit and see as many games as possible.

Per their regional manager, Mr. Doyle (who called me this morning to apologize and talk about how they can do a better job):
"Our policy is to change the station for new arrivals, but if someone was already watching a game on that TV, then we'll change it back."
Although I see Mr. Doyle's point--they are trying to accommodate everyone--I ultimately think that it's a lazy policy. I'm proactive about where I should sit. Why can't the hostesses be proactive about asking patrons what games they are interested in watching, then take the time to find them a location where that game is already on rather than sit them and then change the channels around on everyone else?

It was exacerbated greatly yesterday when a group of guys (who were really cool guys once we began conversing) wanted to watch the CFL's Super Bowl, aka The Grey Cup, and the hostess sat them in the middle of the room and changed one of the central TVs that had the Bronco/Raider game on.

Come on, already.

I offered the guys an olive branch, because I didn't feel like being an ass for the third time of the day, by flipping my table TV to the Grey Cup... which, at least, prevented 810 from changing the channel on more TVs.

810 Sports, don't you see the point here?

In Mr. Doyle's defense, he offered to send me a $20 gift card for my next visit.

No comments: