Tuesday, November 25, 2008

BlogKC & the Turkey Baster

In my earlier post, which provided some quick updates about to-dos around the Country Club Plaza, I copied a few paragraphs from a blog which had cited the KC MAX bus schedule additions and changes. Although I'd normally link back and cite, as all good bloggers do, I was running off to an appointment and it slipped my mind.

But, since the PUBLIC bus schedule can definitely be claimed as CREATIVE CONTENT, then I'd like to post a public apology to.... oh wait... BlogKC/LetsGoKC's Eric Rogers is that one that has labeled me a "plagiarist" and even commented that I stole the content... but oh Mr. Rogers, I didn't even grab that from your blog.

THERE MUST BE ANOTHER PLAGIARIST OUT THERE QUOTING THE BUS SCHEDULE!

Dear Lawd, whatever will happen to this charitable, friendly, love your fellow human, giving season if I don't tell you who this evil blogger is?

I mean seriously, Mr. Rogers, why don't you want to be my friendly, polite neighbor?

My advice, for free with no need to quote me or cite the source, is to pull the turkey baster out of your a$$ and throw back some nog. Chill, dude.

Okay, and my gift to you is an apology. I'm nice guy that will make sure that he doesn't step all over (nor link to) your "copyrighted" content again without an apology for your attitude. Happy holidays.

UPDATE: The drama continues...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Plagiarism defined by Wikipedia is the use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work.

I think most would agree that a public bus schedule is far from an original work of art. Get a clue D-d-d-dude.

Anonymous said...

Public bus schedule aside. You admitted copy-pasting from BlogKC. Then your backhanded apology showed who the real asshole is. That would be you, since you're obviously too dim to figure that out on your own.

- Fan of BlogKC

Anonymous said...

BlogKC is a lame excuse for a blog and I find it funny that he's calling out people for plagiarism when all he really does is re-word The Star. Get over yourself!

Robert Zamees said...

Takes one to know one? Do unto others as they have done unto you?

It's the connotation, not the denotation.

It's the intent, not the letter.

That, my dear Watson, is where we banter.