Wednesday, November 12, 2008

In Search of Wine

I'm in search of a place to go (walk) when I just want one glass of wine and some possible conversation (Okay, and some eye candy). So far, my search hasn't been that pleasant.
  1. Houston's: In two visits to Houston's I had wine that was way too young once and they didn't even have the bottle (with friends) that I selected the second time.
  2. M&S Grill: Although they went out of their way to let me taste a few bottles (they even opened one for me), I wasn't impressed with their selection. There also isn't much of a crowd there on a week night. I think they are too far off the beaten path.
Idea'rs?

2 comments:

"The D" said...

No one has suggested JJ's? its just up the hill on 48th and umm please hold... 48th an Bellview.Can't miss it its right on that corner.

Robert Zamees said...

Oh yeah, JJ's is high on the list, but since I'm an Eastside Plaza guy, it's more than a one-glass-kinda-place after I make the walk there.