Friday, November 14, 2008

Oooo That Smell in Brio

What's the deal with the smell inside Brio?

I can't quite place it... somewhere between yakkity-yak and stinky drawers... I have no idea how you come to mix two such things, but it shore ain't pleasant.

I've been in Brio a few times and in each visit it was basically dead (10-12 bodies) and it's usually the last place we visit before the last place we visit (JJ's). Or, is it the other way around? By that time of the night, I can't remember much.

Therefore, I always give Brio a bad rap because it never seems like there is much going on. However, needing a conversation with someone that can talk about such deep things as ether, metaphysics, world order and broken heels (okay, I admit @tessk , we didn't talk about any of that stuff except the last one, but I know we can and do), I pegged Brio as the perfect place to grab a glass of wine, plop on the couch and enjoy conversation in front of the fireplace.

Alas. Brio was busy! Curses!

To avoid the smell, I buried my beak in a glass of Chianti, stayed bundled on the heated patio and tended to the good conversation. At least I didn't see any ladies that I'd previously dated on this visit to Brio.

No comments: