Monday, October 27, 2008

KC Blightrail

Let's see... I'm new in town and Mayor Funky wants me to support a new mass transit system. I'm all for mass transit having lived in San Diego (Trolley) and DC (The Metro), but where does the light rail go that I might want to visit?
  • The stadiums? NO!
  • The airport? NO!
  • Boulevard Brewery? Um... I'm not sure... probably NO!
  • Booty call locations? NO!
  • Family Members? NO!
The P&L (Power & Light or Profit & Loss?)? YES! So, if I felt like going somewhere to fight for a drink, yell to carry a conversation and hang out with clueless young twenty year olds (not to mention putting more dough in corporate national brands instead of local proprietors), then I'd not have to worry about parking and driving under the influence. I could take the lightrail! WOOT!

Of course, it probably shuts down at like midnight, so I'd be taking a taxi home anyhow. I think I'll stick to my new favorite Plaza haunts.

No comments: