Friday, October 31, 2008

Zagat Gives Props to Our Local Grub

Zagat has released their Top Restaurants and some of local Plaza joints have made the list:
  • The Plaza III and Jack Stack made top honors. I haven't been to the Jack Stack on the Plaza yet, but my family was raised on the beans that come out of the formerly Smoke Stack location in Martin City.
  • Also noted by Zagat: McCormick & Schmick (uh, not really local) and Starker's (another place that I've yet to visit).
  • They also mentioned JJ's and I wanted to make one remark about this establishment... ok, maybe two remarks...
  1. First of all, I didn't even know they had food there. Blame that on being so darn intoxicated each time I visit or being wide-eyed, ogling all the visible vino behind the bar.
  2. Last time I was there, a woman walked up to me and said, "Were you here for New Year's Eve?" She totally caught me off guard, so my response was a simple, "No." She was cute--reminded me of someone--but that was the extent of our conversation.
So, KC Peeps, forget about the economy and go EAT!

BTW, why didn't P. Ott's make the list? Tessamalu and I will have to take our posse there to investigate.

2 comments:

Tess said...

I went to Starkers once and have been too ashamed to return.

My parents got me a gift certificate there. So I take my boy and my uncle out to eat... LOVELY meal and very professional service. I get the bill, take off the 100 bucks for the gift cert, and then tip based on the remainder (instead of the total) shorting the awesome waiter in a very uncool manner.

I realized my mistake in the middle of the night, shot up out of bed, and wrote a check for the correct tip amount and mailed it off the next day. The check was cashed, so hopefully some waiter at Starkers named Robert actually got his correct tip and isn't still cursing my name to this day.

Robert Zamees said...

LOL! If we ever have a PlazaBUZZ tweetup, we're so not going to Starker's.