Thursday, October 30, 2008

What the Plaza needs...

I was out with the FOXy News ladies again last night droppin' spare change on $1.75 PBR draws (or whatever they cost) at Tom's. The ladies were slurping back chocolate martinis... so you know this conversation was a good one.

What does the Plaza need?

My answer, a Beverages & More and a small grocery store... I hate to say it, but like a Dean & Deluca or a Trader Joe's. I realize the problem with these places is that you need an accessible parking lot so that it's easy to get from store to carro. I hate to say it because the chain stores are never my favorite... would totally prefer a bunch of local restaurants.

Of course, I'd also like a Santana's 24 Hour Burrito (only to be found in San Diego).

Instead, rumor has it that we are getting a Forever21 and an upscale Target. RETCH.

Ooooooo, what would be totally sweet is a consignment store for all the local ETSY purveyors!

UPDATE (10/31): Brookstone is now open. It took the place of Sharper Image. Is there really a difference?

5 comments:

Robert Zamees said...

If you read my earlier post, then I'd say the plaza also needs some good grub delivery places.

Robert Zamees said...

SHAKESPEARE'S PIZZA, a la MU! Pretty please with Roni on top.

"The D" said...

I just ran though the plaza, literally, on my way to Loose park. I was thinking the exact same thing. It needs a little grocery store like the Hen House on Shawnee Mission Pkwy hear Rainy Day books and Houlihans.

Im following you on twiiter! DarrenRules

Pepgal said...

It definitely needs a grocery store. The closest place is ScareFresh--and that just doesn't cut it.

Tess said...

It DOES NOT need a Forever 21. (I'm still sick about that and hope it's just a rumor.)